Telemedicine, or more broadly, telehealth services are digital or online medical services that allow you to obtain medical care virtually, without the need to leave your home. No special equipment or software is needed.
Telemedicine appointments couldn’t be easier. Just click a link from your smartphone, tablet, or computer at your scheduled appointment time to begin your visit with your doctor.
All telemedicine visits are now covered during COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak
Due to widespread self-quarantining recommended by state and federal officials, insurance carriers have recently made exceptions to telemedicine coverage: All office visits performed through telemedicine are now covered. This applies to insurance carriers that previously did not provide telemedicine coverage or whose coverage was very limited.
The following insurance carriers now cover telemedicine visits provided by Cascade Integrative Medicine physicians:
How are telemedicine appointments performed?
Telemedicine visits are easy. There is no special software to download or special equipment required. At the time of your appointment, simply click a link on your smartphone, tablet, or computer to be connected to your doctor and begin your appointment.
Here’s how it works:
- You will receive a link to your doctor’s virtual waiting room when you schedule your appointment as well as in your appointment reminders before your visit. Your link will look like this: https:doxy.me/drrianshah
- Make sure that your device has wi-fi or cellular access before your appointment (test this by making sure any webpage loads from your device).
- At the time of your appointment, click the link to join your doctor’s virtual waiting room.
- Enter your name to let your doctor know who you are. If prompted, allow your device to access your camera so that you can see your doctor and your doctor can see you.
- Your doctor will initiate your visit at your scheduled appointment time. Until then, you will remain in the virtual waiting room. Note, you may wait for a few minutes if your doctor is wrapping up a previous appointment, so please be patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
My insurance carrier said I could only use TeleDoc or another telemedicine service in order to have my visits covered. Will my telemedicine visits at Cascade Integrative Medicine still be covered?
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, insurance carriers have recently expanded coverage of telemedicine services to include in-network providers (and, in some cases, even out-of-network providers) to make healthcare accessible during quarantining.
What if I begin a telemedicine appointment, and the call is disconnected or technical difficulties prevent me from making the appointment?
If your telemedicine call is disconnected, or you can’t connect to begin with, your doctor will call you on your phone. If this happens, you can still have your appointment over the phone.
I’m a new patient, do I have to come into the office for my first appointment?
Normally, we prefer to have new patient appointments in person. However, we understand that these are challenging times and that appearing in person may not be possible. If this is the case, then we can see you as a new patient through telemedicine.
Do I have to come into the office for annual wellness exam or physical?
Yes. These are not services that cannot be performed through telemedicine.
Are nutrition visits performed through telemedicine covered?
Yes. All nutrition services rendered through telemedicine are covered just like a nutrition visit performed in the office is.