Patient Rights and Responsibilities
At Cascade Integrative Medicine (“CIM”), we are dedicated to ensuring that every patient receives high-quality care with respect, dignity, and compassion. We believe in promoting patient rights and responsibilities to create a partnership for effective healthcare delivery.
1. Receive Impartial Access to Treatment: We provide treatment without discrimination based on sexual, cultural, economic, educational, religious backgrounds, or the source of payment.
2. Respect for Cultural and Personal Values: We respect your cultural and personal values, beliefs, and preferences.
3. Treatment with Consideration and Dignity: You will be treated with consideration, dignity, and respect by both medical and non-medical staff. We are committed to maintaining a safe environment free from all forms of abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation.
4. Access to Protective and Advocacy Services: We will help you access protective and advocacy services or have them accessed on your behalf.
5. Billing Information: You have the right to examine and receive an explanation of your bill, regardless of the source of payment.
6. Knowledge of Office Rules and Policies: You will be informed about the office rules and policies that apply to your conduct as a patient.
7. Communication Restrictions: If communication restrictions are necessary for patient care and safety, we will document and explain these restrictions to you and your family.
8. Appropriate and Standard Care: You have the right to receive treatment that is appropriate and complies with the standard of care in the community.
9. Continuity of Care: We strive to provide reasonable continuity of care.
10. Informed About Healthcare Treatments: You will be informed of continuing healthcare treatments and requirements.
11. Choice of Primary Care Clinician: You have the right to select your primary care clinician.
12. Knowledge of Care Coordination: We will provide you with the name of the physician primarily responsible for coordinating your care and the names of other physicians and non-physician staff involved in your treatment.
13. Seek Second Opinions and Specialty Care: You have the right to seek a second opinion and request specialty care.
14. Leave Against Medical Advice: You have the right to leave the clinic even against the advice of your physician.
15. Informed Consent: You will receive information from your physician about your illness, course of treatment, outcomes of care, and prospects for recovery in terms that you can understand. This allows for effective communication.
16. Participate in Care Decisions: You have the right to participate in the development and implementation of your care and to actively engage in decisions regarding your medical care. This includes your right to request or refuse treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
17. Informed Consent for Treatment: You have the right to obtain information concerning your current diagnosis, treatment plan (including risks and benefits), alternate plans, and prognoses to give informed consent or refuse treatment. If you choose to refuse treatment, you will be informed of the medical consequences of that decision.
18. Human Experimentation: You will be advised if the medical practice or your physician(s) propose to engage in or perform human experimentation affecting your care. You have the right to refuse to participate in such research projects without compromising your access to care and services.
19. Advance Directives: You have the right to formulate advance directives regarding your healthcare, and our office staff and practitioners will comply with these directives as provided by state laws and regulations.
20. Complaints: You have the right to file a complaint about your care and treatment without fear of retribution or denial of care. We are committed to timely complaint resolution.
21. Confidentiality: All information concerning your medical care and records will be treated in a confidential manner. Written permission will be obtained before releasing medical records to anyone not directly related and/or involved in your care.
22. Access to Medical Records: You have the right to access information contained in your medical record within a reasonable time frame, including disclosures of protected health information in accordance with law and regulations.
23. Request for Service: We will respond to any reasonable request for service.
24. Patient and Family Education Programs: You will have access to patient and family education programs provided by a multidisciplinary group of healthcare professionals.
25. Rights Apply to Legal Decision-Makers: All patient rights apply to the person who may have legal responsibility to make decisions regarding medical care on your behalf.
26. Written Statement of Rights: You have the right to receive a written statement of your patient rights upon request.
As a patient at CIM, you also have responsibilities to ensure effective healthcare delivery:
1. Provide Accurate Information: Provide accurate and complete information about your medical history, current medications, and any other relevant health information.
2. Follow Treatment Plans: Follow the treatment plan recommended by your healthcare provider and notify us of any difficulties in following the plan.
3. Communication: Communicate openly and honestly with your healthcare team about your concerns, needs, and preferences.
4. Compliance: Comply with office rules and policies to maintain a safe and respectful environment for all patients and staff.
5. Respect and Courtesy: Treat medical and non-medical staff, as well as other patients, with respect and courtesy.
6. Keep Appointments: Attend scheduled appointments and notify us at least 48 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel.
7. Pay Bills: Pay your bills promptly and inform us of any financial difficulties.
Cascade Integrative Medicine is committed to high standards of care, safety, and hospitality for patients and their families. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your patient rights or responsibilities, please contact us using the following information:
Thank you for entrusting us with your healthcare needs. We are here to provide you with exceptional care and support.